Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 6: Obligatory Post 1

Ugh, I missed 2 posts in a row. Oh well, that means I just have to try a bit harder next time.

I was quite busy last Saturday (though not as intense as my employed peers are). I accomplished a couple of chores but the catch is that they had to be done in several locations simultaneously. Lol.

I went to PICPA to register for a tax seminar. I dreadfully need the CPE units because (as if I haven’t emphasized enough) I’m jobless. The fee was noticeably generous considering the duration of said event. The speakers are overcharging their honorariums, yes?

I also went to the mall to shop for an ‘item’. As if I have the finances to splurge pud. Lol. What made this day surprising was that I saw people there I never expected I’d see in a millennia of struggle.

I saw Ma’am Dagoy first (my 4th year ReEd instructor). We talked for a while (whilst subconsciously holding her hand) about my career path and then swerved off to the reunion thing. She also suggested that I visit during the Sama-sama. I’m sure I’d still be unemployed then so I think I’ll find time. Almost immediately, I caught up with Mianne (a former colleague). Again, we talked about ourselves, how anxious she was on the NLE results and her employment. Then, after a while I saw Cyril, another former classmate. I mistook her name (I called her Arianne) when she called me (so embarrassing) and she reintroduced herself. She said she was married and is currently continuing her studies. Because of the shock and apparent humiliation, I forgot to congratulate her.

After all those chance encounters, I went to the other mall to search for said ‘item’ and I bought it eventually. The apparent lack of variety forced me to. Then I hit the gym, lost my shorts, went home and dozed off.

I never thought that day would be so eventful. I definitely need to go out more. Cheers!:D

No comments: