Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 14: Protip TL;DR and Employment

TL;DR (actually not in full caps) means ‘too long; didn’t read’, not teal deer, usually followed by a succinct summary of the long post above. It’s designed to.. well, summarize said post so that people wouldn’t have to read the entire entry.

It’s a terminology pegged by anons claiming to be the true face of the internet in a certain website. Rules 1 and 2 are still in force (even if they are only applicable to raids) so I am forbidden to reveal the link.

Anyway, it’s a Monday and I’ve got great news. I’ve been hired (finally) in Landbank but I’d have to start working (probably) next month pa. I personally think it’s worth the wait although having no firm affirmation (i.e. contract signing, etc.) of my employment worries me.

I also have a scheduled interview in another Landbank office tomorrow so I’m kind of weighing my options a little. If I trust my employer I should be able to relax, yes? Well, I do. till, I think it’s normal for people to feel reluctant with employment because of the constant influx of retrenchments and all. Plus, I’m new to this thing so I believe my apprehensions are valid.

I also have an exam tomorrow at the Davao Light office so I have to study for that. Lol. I’d have to quote Tammy for pointing out my apparent obliviousness on this matter: ‘Ikaw lang jud akong kaila na naga-study para sa IQ test!’

TL;DR I’ve been hired but I’m quite apprehensive.

Cheers!:D

No comments: