Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our Status Quo

An Unexpected Reunion

I had my scheduled exam in Davao Light yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Reggie and Den-Den there. We discussed our experiences after the results came in and eventually (almost mandatorily) we talked about our ‘careers’. I didn’t have much to say really except that I had to explain to them how I was ’supposedly’ hired but had to start working in a month or so.

Reggie was working in COA and was assigned in the City Hall. She said that her boss was my reviewer in BLT. Small world. Den-Den on the other hand said that she’s just begun her job hunt. I think we’re all faring well, though not as well as I imagined, but with news of imminent economic recession, it didn’t surprise me that much.

The Exams

Then we met with several candidates and realized that we all had the same qualifications. The HR representative led us to a classy room (with classy chairs and classy furniture) and instructed that we complete the 3-part IQ test within the set time. It wasn’t that difficult but the Math part drove me crazy.

After that Reggie had to report back to her office and I accompanied Den-Den to the nearest jeepney terminal. She talked enthusiastically about her awful experience in Cebu during her review and on why she opted for Davao instead of Manila for her search. I had to agree with her on Cebu being filthy and unfit for survival (I hope I don’t offend my relatives).

Aftermath

We both parted ways when we reached the Claveria junction and I rode home full of hope in my heart. Lol! I also received a confirmation from my future employer stating that I need not go to my interview (in another Landbank office) because I was ‘for hiring’ na daw. It doesn’t have to take a genius to figure out that my she wants me to report to her department and that she values me as a future employee. Lol. I love how I stretch reality.

TL;DR I saw some friends, took an exam and my I hope my future boss loves me.

Cheers and thank you for reading this exhausting entry!:D

No comments: